Saturday, January 23, 2010

Trying to Turn Back the Clock

Tick tock, tick tock, yep, that's my youth quickly slipping away. A friend of mine who is considerably younger than me, (everyone is younger than me) came into work and told me she wanted to have some body sculpting done and the fat that was taken out put into her boob area where it would give her a lift. They can do that? Well, I guess it's better than a boob job. I am almost to the point where I can go either way, telling myself I'm too young (inside) to give into the ravages of time and maybe someday when I get the courage I would go under the knife, no matter what the cost, convincing myself that I must take care of myself like I would take care of my car. Wrong, if my car was old, then I would buy a new one, why bother with the old one? Or I say to myself, well, what's the point, who gives a rat's ass what I look like, I'm just the old lady at work. Nah, not yet. Which takes me to this post. Over Christmas break, I bought one of those chin squeezers thingy bobs that you put under your chin pushing down on a spring that will miraculously get rid of any saggy neck (excuse my neck, as Nora Ephron said). I tried it for a few days only to look suspiciously in the mirror (where's my 10x mirror!) that my marionette lines looked deeper. Yikes! Was ruining my juverderm injected laugh lines? Did I tell you I had that procedure done last year? I did it on a whim (plus the presuasion of some good advertisement, two injections for the price of one). how could I resist? I was just so down in the mouth about those lines, never mind the big luggage bags beneath my eyes (so big, that airlines charge me the extra luggage fee whenever I fly), it was those damn lines that completely sent me running for the nearest senior citizen home . So I did it. Yep and girls, let me tell you it was the best money I ever spent. Never mind your fears about the pain, what pain? The doctor topically numbs the injection sight, pumps the stuff in, 30 minutes later you're walking out of the doctor's office with ice packs on your cheeks. Just remember to have someone else drive you, lest you risk getting into an accident because you want to keep looking in the rear view mirror at the results. The doctor I went to is a seasoned professional and brushed off my fears of injections. In his calm muzak voice he said this is not going to hurt one bit and guess what, there was practically no pain. Did you stick the needle? The injection marks took about two weeks to fade, but they were hardly noticeable since all I could look at was the smooth area around my mouth. Was it rejuvenation? You're darn right it was. It's almost a year later and it still looks pretty darn good. So when I saw that that silly contraption was making my laugh lines deeper, I immediately took it back for a full refund. The lady at the store asked me if I had used it and I told her, honey, look at my face, does it need something like that?

No comments:

Post a Comment