Thursday, February 4, 2010

Tuscan Chicken Thighs and Giada's Polenta



Since we have to watch our budget when we go grocery shopping, I have been cooking a lot with chicken thighs and besides, my daughter only likes dark meat. This recipe is simple and quick and a great Sunday dinner.
For the marinade:
4 large cloves of garlic chopped and put in a bowl
1 sprig of rosemary, which I get from my garden, but I make sure I only use the top of the rosemary plant, since I'm sure Henry the chihuahua has peed on the bottom of the plant. Take leaves off stem and roughly chop
1 tablespoon of Dijon mustard
the juice on one lemon a couple of pinches of Italian seasoning
salt and pepper
whisk in 1 cup of extra virgin olive oil
pour over chicken and let marinade for an hour
put in oven at 350 for about 1 hour or until done
A perfect companion dish for this chicken is Everyday Italian's chef, Giada Delaurentis's easy polenta recipe:
2 cups of salted (1 teaspoon) water-bring to a boil
stir in 2 tablespoons of butter (she just uses 1, but I think it needs two)
stir in 1 cup of cornmeal (yellow or white, I used white)
continue stirring and cook for about 3-5 minutes, usually when it is starting to get stiff, I remove from heat and quickly spread out in butter 9x11 dish. Let cool slightly and cut into squares.
Put polenta on plate and add chicken with the sauce over the the polenta.
Sheer heaven! I lick my plate every time and my daughter loves it!-Single D

No comments:

Post a Comment