Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Super Easy Caesar Salad Dressing


Getting my daughter to eat her salad is a challenge, but with my homemade Caesar Salad dressing, she loves her salad, even if it does has carrots in it. I used to make this dressing with raw eggs, but with all the scare over salmonella, I've sub mayo.

In food processor:
4 whole cloves of garlic-pulse till minced
Add-a good squeeze of anchovy paste (or use can anchovy about two fillets)
Pulse till mixed
Add about 2 cups of mayo (my measurements are approx since I just spoon the mayo in)
Generously sprinkle Parmesan cheese over top
Salt and pepper
Turn on processor-
While processor is running, slowly add olive oil (about 1 cup) till dressing looks yellow and smooth. Squeeze half lemon pulse till mixed. Add more salt and pepper and cheese to taste. If you accidentally add the olive oil too fast (this I've done when my daughter distracts me) dressing will become thin and separate. That's ok, it will just need to be shaken before dressing your salad. Otherwise, it should be somewhat thick. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment